- How much pulse power can I run on the
Read the specification of that load. In most cases the Pulse Power can exceed the average power of the
Electronic Load. The limiting factor is getting the heat out of the electronic
load and into the heat
- Can I use a function generator
connected to the load to control the current?
Yes you can use a function generator to control the load. The current
will follow whatever wave shape the generator puts out.
- Can I use an offset in the function generator to have, base line
power to start from?
Yes, you can offset the base ( + only ) to some current. Remember never
run the wave below the 0 volts line. The load responds to positive voltage
- What is the maximum slew rate the Electronic
Load can follow?
Check the Specification of the Electronic Load you are using.
- Can I increase the slew rate of
the electronic load?
NO, but you can add
electronic loads in parallel, this will increase the slew rate with each load
that is added.
- If the input slew rate of the load is exceeded what happens to the
You can not damage the load, the output will follow as fast as the
control circuits will allow it.
- Battery Testing!........ How low can we go?
Well it really depends on the ON-Resistance of the Electronic
Load & the current you want to measure.
BUT YES , you can check / 3.3Vdc / 2.0 Vdc / 1.0 Vdc / 0.5 Vdc / 0.30 Vdc /
and even lower.
- Should we use a coax / shielded wire to connect
to the Electronic Load
Yes the coax / shielded wire will help keep noise out of the load that
may be added to the output signal.
- Can we use complex wave forms to control
Yes, any wave shape is fine, ( so long as it does not exceed the slew
- What happens if the
UUT power source I am
pulling current from has noise?
If the noise slew rate is slower than the electronic loads feedback
it will try to follow the noise with the current feedback. If the noise is faster than
the electronic loads feedback, the load will ignore it as if it was not there,
or average it out.
- Can noise effect my current reading?
Yes, large noise spikes can change the meter readings.
- When I am using a Function Generator is the load running in constant
Yes, the load is running in constant current and all of the protection
circuits & start-up are disabled
- Can I use the
electronic load to charge batteries?
Yes, but you can only use it the way we have shown in the
PDF files. You can't use it as a top side type of switch. The files shows
a bottom source control that will suite most needs.